Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanks for the Inspiration

By Francine Keller

Many years ago, I subscribed to Compuserve. Many of you will remember that online service that preceded the World Wide Web. Some of you might still be on there. On the compuserve I remember, there was a section that changed my life. I believe they called it the CB channels section.

I met people like myself and almost cried to realize I wasn’t alone in the world. In my chats I discovered many kindred spirits who happen to be cross-dressers like me. Like when I learned the word, transvestite, I was elated to find out, I’m not insane.

The CD community on Compuserve supported me and lifted me. I found solace in their life stories. Many of them, like me, were married and most were heterosexual. We were all dealing with issues bigger than ourselves. It was like coming home.

As time went on, I succumbed to the old binge and purge cycles I had grown accustomed to over the years. I stopped visiting the channels and found another ISP. With Access to the Internet and the WWW, I discovered many facets to my madness. I learned there are other types of people like me. I got lost in the sexual diversity of it all and forgot about the possibility of recreational cross-dressing.

Life continues and so does the binge and purge cycle. I look back on the whole of my experience and wish I still owned all the outfits I purged from life. Hell, I wish I had the money I spent on those outfits. Such is my regret.

Recently, I found people on social networks and blogs, I think I remember from the Compuserve days. Either way, they are an inspiration to me. One of those is Kimberly Huddle. She’s a lucky woman who overcame adversity and was saved. She was blessed enough to have married a wonder woman, has a great family, and gets to dress "Pretty" as she calls it, often.

I’ll let her tell her own story, but let me tell you, I’m impressed. She’s very pretty, and she has more class in her little finger than many of us will ever get. It’s because of her that I cleaned up this blog. Many of you know I started this with sexual overtones, but I remembered that’s not what it’s supposed to be.

I’m fast approaching geriatrics. Who knows how long I’ll be able to keep this up, but I’ve decided to cancel the binge. I’m going to work harder with makeup and exercise. I want to be pretty like Kimberly Huddle.

Thank you Kimberly and those of you from the old days. You’ve kept me from a date with a bottle of pills or a long jump into a canyon. I love you ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment