Friday, April 12, 2013

Smashing the Looking Glass

They say that mirrors don’t lie. Mine actually laughed at me. No, I’m not crazy. Well, no more than usual. I put on my black camisole and gazed at myself in the mirror. To say I didn’t like what I saw would be an understatement.

The mirror said, "You’re just a fat, old man trying to recapture the feelings of your youth."

You know, it might’ve been right. Then, again, let’s see how judgmental it is after I toss it out the window. I wear women’s clothes because of how it makes me feel. I toyed with the idea of transitioning when I was fourteen, but that was a long time ago. It was during the dark ages of gender dys-combobulation.

Now I’m cursed with a middle-aged male body and a mind that thinks like a female. I can relate to all the women I know, and I secretly wish for a time machine. I still plan on attending DLV next year, but I’ve got a lot of work to do. Right now, I think I’ll go for a walk.

With Love, Francine

No comments:

Post a Comment